Account Manager (Chemical Division)
The Account Manager is expected to develop relationships with the customer’s management, influencers and decision makers from the plants, and technical groups. The Account Manager will be required to identify and fulfill customer needs while following Sunstar’s corporate policies and strategy. The Account Manager is expected to grow the business by championing new business projects earned by leveraging relationships with the customer.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
As an Account Manager it is your responsibility to perform all the following duties.
• Develop relationships with customer management and strategic personnel.
• Active participation in strategic customer activities.
• Prepare or assist in the preparation of required internal and external business documents and reports including business reports (BRs).
• Provide internal and external support for product launches
• Work together with on-site Sales Engineers to coordinate support of the customers’ needs
• Coordinate approved new business opportunities in conjunction with Sales Engineer and other Sales Managers through launch.
• Compile information from Sales and PC staff to create and maintain accurate forecasts.
• Identify new business opportunities, initiate, and manage the APQP process including QAS schedules for approved new opportunities.
• Target new customers and promote Sunstar technologies to increase sales.
• Effectively lead APQP project activities and communicate regularly with project stakeholders.
• Work with customer to develop and maintain accurate project schedule.
• Must manage and systematically drive several projects simultaneously.
• Promote interdepartmental coordination to support the customers’ needs as well as the needs of Sunstar.
• Gather information pertinent to technological advancements and the competitive environment.
• Use market information to develop pricing strategies, technological development, and business planning.
• Work closely with quality teams to resolve customer material issues in a timely manner achieving results acceptable to both the customer and the organization.
• This position is also required to perform other related duties as assigned by department management or the president
• This position requires 20-50% travel, travel is both day trips and overnight stays at customer sites. Some of the travel is international travel.
Education & Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Engineering or Business, with minimum of 5 years of sales experience in business-to-business or large/strategic customer segment is desirable or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience in of the following a plus:
• Automotive Industry
• Knowledge of Adhesives, Coatings (chemicals)
• Selling to OEM customers and Tier One Suppliers
Proficient in MS Office Products with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Must comply with all Federal, State, and Local, safety and environmental regulations, along with the Company’s quality, safety, and environmental policies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. Such information is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skill required to perform this job.
Sunstar Engineering is an EEO employer.