Sunstar sprockets & disc rotors for motorcycle racing
Our sprockets and disc rotors are used in various motorcycle races around the world, and contribute to victories of race teams.
- Contributing to victories of world’s leading motorcycle racing teams
Our sprockets and disc rotors have been adopted by global leading teams in various world-class motorcycle races, such as FIM Superbike World Championship (SBK), FIM Motocross World Championship (MXGP), MotoAmerica Superbike Championship, AMA Supercross and Suzuka 8 Hours, and contribute to their victory.
- OMEGA DISC – Sunstar’s highest performance disc
It is paramount to have absolute braking power and high heat resistance in road races which require hard braking again and again. On top of that, the brake stability in a high temperature range due to repeated hard braking is required in recent years. Sunstar’s OMEGA DISC uses special heat-resistant steel that does not degrade its performance when its surface temperature rises to 650 degrees Celsius. It also has a new floating system that is completely different from the conventional discs, which keeps high controllability even when it stayed at high temperature for a long time. The brake system allows riders to brake with confidence and provides them a great sense of security because it does not degrade its performance even when it is kept in a high temperature range. OMEGA DISC, the crystallization of Sunstar’s technology, plays a role in their sense of security.
- Race support teams in2019
Braking disc rotors for motorcycle racing
Active in professional racing circuits, Braking has contributed to success in 124 world championships and counting
- Contributing to victories of world’s leading motorcycle Champions
Braking disc rotors are widely used in the world-famous motorcycle races such as FIM Superbike World Championship (WSBK), FIM Motocross World Championship (MXGP), MotoAmerica Superbike Championship, AMA Supercross, World Enduro Series, contributing to the victories of the riders using our rotors with top brake power and better thermal stability.
- EPTA ONROAD DISC – Braking’s highest performance disc
EPTA’s great advantages such as better heat dissipation, ensure a steady friction coefficient, and gained the trust of top motorcycle riders.
The features of EPTA are:
-The connection structure allows a more controlled tangential/axial play, with a better load transfer between the braking track and the carrier.
-Axial play is determined by machining tolerances, and helps countering residual torque on the wheel.
-Tangential play is determined by machining tolerances, and it guarantees a constant performance from first to last brake application (no aging of the pins).
– Direct load transfer between rotor and hub
– No pins deformation due to applied load, leading to a more direct and powerful brake application with less stresses on the hub. Stronger initial bite, less effort required by the rider’s hand Thermal design optimized
– Maximum weight-to-performance ratio
– Consistent disc temperature – Absence of heat spots
- Race support teams in2019 (With Braking disc rotors)
We’re ready to help
Contact us to find out how our advanced engineering solutions can help your business